Writing & Scheduling commands on RH9

Hello all and thanks in advance.

1. I'd like to know which scripting language should I be writing
scripts in for RH9 for system administration (which does the system
recognize and is more robust for RH9)?

2. Also, how can I schedule scripts that I write to run at certain times?

3. How can I set up my system to run a script and track that it ran in
one log? (I'm assuming it's the system log??)

--
"..I don't care your a PhD...put you're hands up, and step away from