Unable to print

Geetha Thanu geetha_thanu at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 6 11:48:43 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I have redhat 8 machine and configured  network
printer which IP is 172.16.0.23.It was working fine
for months.

But today suddenly I am getting the following error
-------------------------------------
lp /home/geetha/trace.txt
Status Information:
 sending job 'root at Babbage+430' to lp at localhost
 connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
 connected to 'localhost'
 requesting printer lp at localhost
 sending control file 'cfA430Babbage' to lp at localhost
 completed sending 'cfA430Babbage' to lp at localhost
 sending data file 'dfA430Babbage' to lp at localhost
 job 'root at Babbage+430' transfer to lp at localhost
failed
  error 'ERROR TRANSFERRING DATA'
  sending data file 'dfA430Babbage' to lp at localhost
It is taking lp at localhost instead of lp at 172.16.0.23
I tried deleting the original printer configuration
and tried again and again but the same problem.

Please help me out to solve this problem.

thanks and regds
Geetha