Kernel file system support under RHEL

John O'Loughlin j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 14:51:50 UTC 2005

Only a possibility but it could be a LUN problem.
maybe you should check to see (on the raid arrays) if the logical drives
have been partitioned and so you should have CH X ID X LUN 0 and LUN 1
and so on. In which case you will have an sdc and sdd etc.

If this is the case and the kernel can't see them (check /var/log/dmesg)
then look at the raid controller and how it handles LUNS.
You may also need to add a line to /etc/modules.conf something like
scsi options max_mod_luns=128 (check this)
and then mkinitrd for a new randisk for the kernel.

John