Re: spoof messages

Hi Jessica,

You can disable the martian alerting via sysctl

HTH,
Harry

Jessica Zhu wrote:
Is there any firewall rule which can stop this?

Jessica

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Jessica Zhu wrote:

Hi,

In our /var/log/messages, there are such messages on two of our servers.

Jun 6 15:08:59 app2 kernel: martian source 0100007f for xxxxxxxx, dev eth1 Jun 6 15:08:59 app2 kernel: ll header: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 02 b3 a3 0d c6 08 06
(Sorry for using x)

Checking the xxxxxxxx, it was the hex number which stands for one of our server(not app1) on the site. This message appears in the log every 10 minutes. What's going on? And how to get rid of the cause of this and thus get rid of the messages.

Jessica