Re: running mysql instances in the same machine

On Jun 7, 2005, at 7:39 AM, Geetha Thanu wrote:

Hello all,

Can anybody help me out with this..

I have a linux machine and I have set up 2 databases
what we have as two mount points.
say
/db1
/db2
Now I like to run 2 instances of mysql so that data
directory of one instance pointing to /db1 and another
instance pointing to /db2.

should I have to install 2 times mysql and start 2
servers or install one mysql server and have
instances..

please help me how I can proceed

This really belongs on a MySQL list or forum.  Nevertheless...

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/multiple-servers.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqld-multi.html

--
Jason Dixon