logrotate

Hello,

in order to try to understand how logrotate works, I have created dummy log files as follows

touch -t 200101011200 1.log
touch -t 200101011200 2.log
touch -t 200101011200 3.log

if I do a logrotate on those files with the -v option, logrotate tells me that those files don't need rotating (I have made the rotation daily with no size restriction, in my conf file).

adding data to those files (yes > 1.log) makes no difference.

The rotation only works if I use the -f option.

Does anyone know what the criteria that make logrotate rotate a file are?

Many thanks.

Philippe