Anyone used an Ecrix Autopak?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:12:17 UTC 2005

It turns out the SCSI ID of the changer was in conflict with something
else, so it wasn't detecting it.  I changed the ID and it detected it,
so that worked.  Running status on the drive, though, still didn't
work, until I read this:

http://mtx.badtux.net/faq.html

Apparently, 'status' is a robotic command, and can't be run on a
drive, so it's a *good* thing it didn't work.

I still haven't been able to do a successful dump, though, and now I'm
having hardware problems with the drive.  Thanks for your help.  I may
be resurrecting this thread when I get my hardware problems sorted out.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University