compiling Darwin Streaming Server on RHEL3

Chaps,

I'm trying to compile the cvs version of the Apple Darwin streaming
server on an RHEL3 system and am getting loads of compilation errors
relating to not finding a particular function. Now I've found the
function definition which should be locatable going by the contents of
the Makefile, but nope it just says go away, can't find that.

Has anyone managed to compile DSS on an RHEL3 system?

TIA
Alex