Re: iptables output?

Bill Tangren wrote:
I have configured iptables on my server, and now now I get output going to my text windows (in the GUI, do a ctrl+alt+F1 to get to one of them).

Can anyone tell me how to redirect this output to /dev/null or someplace else?

Any ideas?

Check your /etc/syslog.conf
You probably have a line that says: kern.*	/dev/console
and maybe *.emerg		*

Look at your /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.
you probably have a LOG target (-j LOG)
you can set --log-level on that line in /etc/sysconfig/iptables

I think those things are what you are looking for.

-Ben.