Re: iptables output?

Ben Russo wrote:
Bill Tangren wrote:

I have configured iptables on my server, and now now I get output going to my text windows (in the GUI, do a ctrl+alt+F1 to get to one of them).

Can anyone tell me how to redirect this output to /dev/null or someplace else?

Any ideas?

Check your /etc/syslog.conf
You probably have a line that says: kern.*    /dev/console
and maybe *.emerg        *

Look at your /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.
you probably have a LOG target (-j LOG)
you can set --log-level on that line in /etc/sysconfig/iptables

I think those things are what you are looking for.

-Ben.

The line in /etc/syslog.conf is commented out, so it appears that /dev/console is the default (man syslog.conf doesn't seem to say).

Does anyone know if sending non critical errors to /dev/null harm anything?

kern.info;kern.!err          /dev/null

Thanks,
Bill