e-mail scan

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Wed Jun 15 13:18:43 UTC 2005

Enrico Payne wrote:
> Not to want to cause to much confussion, but I use Xamime (www.xamime.com), although it is not a daemon as such, it interfaces with
> many different virus programs, and also has a good web interface for maintaining the system. It allows access to SpamAssassin, Razor
> etc, but has an added advantage that you can interface it with your own applications that can either do stuff with the mail, or just
> do additional scans that are not supported by the application, such as enabling IPTABLE filters to block repeat spammers...

Interesting and not too expensive. Even the open project seems very
good.  Looks like Xamime is to XamimeLT what SMGateway is to MailScanner.

 Reminds me that MailScanner has an extensible interface via custom
functions (and an IPblock feature to play with iptables rules). There is
also a plugin called Vispan that allows adding repeat spam/virus senders
to access list to be blocked at the mta level.