Up2date can't update kernel (RHEL WS 4)

Ian Waring ian.waring at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:03:10 UTC 2005

I'm running RHEL WS 4 on my Centrino IBM Thinkpad R51; the drivers for
the Intel ipw2200 chipset were, I believe, on the Red Hat extras CD
when I first installed things.

Now, every time I get the "throbbing exclamation mark" ("shriek" to
those of you in the US) and try to let up2date update everything, I
get:

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
kernel_2.6.9-11.EL conflicts with ipw2200-firmware <2.2

Does anyone know if updates to stuff on the RHEL "extras" CD
eventually catch up with the new kernel releases, or is some manual
intervention required?

Ian W.
--
Ian Waring - Simplicity Sells!