Up2date can't update kernel (RHEL WS 4)

Ian Waring ian.waring at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:50:56 UTC 2005

>> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>> kernel_2.6.9-11.EL conflicts with ipw2200-firmware <2.2
>>
>> Does anyone know if updates to stuff on the RHEL "extras" CD
>> eventually catch up with the new kernel releases, or is some manual
>> intervention required?

>Are you subscribed to the Extras channel? The updated
ipw2200-firmware is located there.

Hi John,

Brilliant. Now fixed... albeit the facility to add the extras channel
for my machine took a bit of experimentation to stick. Not too
intuitive first time around, but once I got there, everything went
fine.

Also:

>I had a firmware dependency problem that went away when I ran
>up2date --hardware
>to send a hardware profile to RedHat network.

Thankyou Grant. I'll do that when i'm back in work in the morning!

Ian W.
--
Ian Waring - Simplicity Sells!
Computacenter Distribution