Re: looking for installing redhat linux on laptop dual boot

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 17:27 +0100, harish wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can  u pass all the  steps  and  if  u suggest any book on the  web, i can  see and  i can follow  and  i also need vi editor  commands..........
>
> Thank Q

Harish,

I dual boot my Presario 2110US with Linux and WinXP Pro.  Installation
was a no-brainer.  I know this because I was able to do it. :-)  All I
did was install WindowsXP first making sure I partitioned it so it
didn't consume the entire driver (as Windows wants to do).  I next
installed Red Hat, which detected my Windows installation and asked me
which I wanted as the primary boot device.  That was it.  I'm now
happily running Linux 95% of the time, while maintaining the ability to
drop into Windows when a school project requires it.

Hope that helps a little.

Jason