restrict a normail unix user from going anywhere

Anze Vidmar anzevi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:09:36 UTC 2005

M E Fieu wrote:
> Thanks... mm, But what I mean was
> I don't want the user to issue the command that a normal user to issue too without doing sudo, for
> example, I don't even want the user to issue more /etc/passwd.  Is that possible?

Aha, I see your point. Since /etc/passwd file is readable to everyone I
don't really know the easyest way to handle this, but making it unable
to read for some user/group. Hovewer, you might be looking for jail?
(http://www.pcquest.com/content/linux/2005/105021003.asp)
Anyways, are you trying to set this for local or remote user?