Simple Unix cluster question

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Wed Jun 22 09:22:04 UTC 2005

   Hello,
    Perhaps my question is on the wrong list.
   I have aquestion regarding the linux cluster HW. I want to build a simple
   cluster with 2 64bit architecture machine and one 32bit architecture
   machine. The SW Iam using is Suse9.1. The 2 64 bit machines are already
   in use(Not as cluster). I use these 2 machines as slaves. My master is 32
bit architecture
   with Suse OS. I would like to know whether all the machines should have
   the same architecture or not?(Logically yes).The user will be running
64bit
   designed code(This code is already running on the slaves machines
   At present they are not in cluster)

   Thanks in advance and with regards,
      Kumar

Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |