Re: newbie question

Tom McCaffrey wrote:
After creating a user I then vi'd the sudoers file in the etc directory and
added at the bottom of the file:
gtlakes ALL=NOPASSWD:ALL
This isn't what I want and looking through my Fedora Core3 Unleashed book -
I haven't yet found where
to force a password on this user to do su activities.
Of course I suspect the NOPASSWD but what would I put there instead? Just
PASSWD?

gtlakes ALL=(ALL) ALL
which will make user enter their password for sudo.

or;

gtlakes ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
which will mean can just do 'sudo command' without any password request.

Regards,

Sean