Fedora core 4 and MySQL problems

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 03:01:06 UTC 2005

I upgraded my Redhat 9 to Fedora core 4 a few days
ago.  I can bring up the desk top in GUI mode, I
believe that’s run level 5.  I checked my apache and
PHP are both in running shape.  But I have one problem
with mysql.  The server is supposed to come up as a
service but it does not.  The following shows up when
I do service –status-all

/etc/init.d/mysql.server: line 121: my_print_defaults:
command not found
Usage: /etc/init.d/mysql.server start|stop|restart

Any ideas how to fix this?

My guess is that I need to uninstall the mysql and
reinstall from a newer rpm.  Am I on the right track?
How can I be sure the after I install a new version
that it will come up as a service?

Thanks for your help.