(no subject)

Dony Pierre Pierre.Dony at nbb.be
Mon Jun 27 14:22:42 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I want to use the vmxnet driver for a guest RedHat ES version 4 running
under a Vmware ESX server. To be able to use the vmxnet driver; I have
to install the vmware tools. The kernel sources are not available in Red
Hat 4, so I have install gcc, get the kernel source, install the source
rpm with

up2date --install gcc
up2date --get-source kernel
up2date rpm-build
rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-11.EL.src.rpm

But when I execute ./vmware-config-tools.pl, I receive :

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

Do we have to build the kernel to be able to install the vmxnet driver ?

Any idea ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Pierre.

Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

"DISCLAIMER: The content of this e-mail message should not be construed
as binding on the part of the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) unless
otherwise and previously stated. The opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect NBB
viewpoints, particularly when the content of this message, or part
thereof, is private by nature or does not fall within the professional
scope of its author."