Re: Memory usage on Red Hat

For truss, the strace command is probably what you are looking for. You'll need to install it first: up2date --install strace

For ptree, use the pstree command in Linux.

pstack is the same on Linux as it is on Solaris for the most part, but it has to be installed: up2date --install pstack

Also, you may want to look at the manpage for the sar command. Sar collects a variety of info about resource usage throughout the day and enables you to view the stats.

--James Cooley