Re: Mii-tool discrepincy

Smith, Albert wrote:
Hey folks,
I just want to make sure that I am not the only one having this problem. net-tools-1.60-20E.7 mii-tool is detecting the card at 100FD but ethtool is seeing the card
at 1gig. DMESG shows the link set to 1gig. If I have mii-tool
autonegotiate the card again it says that it's 100FD but dmesg states
1gig and ethtool states 1gig. Does mii-tool support 1gig?
Thanks, Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services
440 E. Swedesford Rd.
Wayne, PA 19087
albert smith genexservices com
(610) 964-5154

For one gig nics, I've found that ethtool works, but mii-tool doesn't.