Re: yum not available [Re:Fedora core 4 and MySQL problem]

Leila Lappin wrote:

> --- Ugo Bellavance <ugob camo-route com> wrote:
>

>>Just type, as root
>>
>>'yum -y install mysql-server' while you're connected
>>to the internet.
>>
>>According to
>>

> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
>
>>mysql server 4.1.11 is available in the standard
>>repository.
>>

> I did that but yum does not work on my setup, I get
> yum command not found
>
> [snip]
>
> [root localhost ~]# yum -y install mysql-server
> bash: yum: command not found
>
> [/snip]

Do

rpm -q yum

If you get a 'not installed' message, type, as root

rpm -i
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm

or download it (wget
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm)
and then install with rpm -i yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm

Let me know how it goes.