Re: LogWatch error

Ryan Golhar wrote:

This is appearing in the logwatch emails I get from my machines.  Can
someone tell me what this means?  I tried googling it but didn't get
much...

**Unmatched Entries**
   STARTTLS=client, relay=mx1.umdnj.edu., version=TLSv1/SSLv3,
verify=FAIL, cipher=AES256-SHA, bits=256/256: 1 Time(s)

Such messages mean that the sendmail has sent or received e-mail message with the use of SSL encryption of mail between mail servers. Sendmail will use SSL whenever your server and other mail server with which your server exchanges mail are both configured to allow SSL. The message is absolutely harmless and may be ignored.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com