yum not available [Re:Fedora core 4 and MySQL problem]

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 19:32:48 UTC 2005

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm

> >>or download it (wget

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm)

> >>and then install with rpm -i
> yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm
> >>
> >>Let me know how it goes.
> >>

>>____________________________________________________

> >>Football

> >>--

> > Ugo thank you for all your help.  Unfortunately I
> was
> > not able to either download or the rpm or install
> it.
> > I tried to use wget and download the rpm package
> first
> > and then install.  I got the following error:
> >
> > [snip]
> > [root at localhost myDownloads]# wget

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch

> > --14:48:24--

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch

> >            => `yum-2.3.2-7.noarch'
> > Resolving download.fedora.redhat.com...
> > 209.132.176.20, 209.132.176.220, 209.132.176.221,
> > Connecting to
> > download.fedora.redhat.com[209.132.176.20]:80...
> > connected.
> > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not
> Found
> > 14:48:25 ERROR 404: Not Found.
> > [/snip]
> >

> You left off .rpm after .noarch. Add that, and
> you'll find it.

Thank you for your helpful information.  I'm usually
more careful than this, but I guess I'm getting
sloppy.

Anyway it turns out I have a dependency problem.  I
think I need to install something from python as well.

Here's the error:

[snip]
[root at localhost myDownloads]# rpm -i
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.3.2-7.noarch.rpm
warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.F2TQer: Header V3 DSA
signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
error: Failed dependencies:
        python-elementtree is needed by
yum-2.3.2-7.noarch
        python-sqlite is needed by yum-2.3.2-7.noarch
[/snip]