(no subject)

I have currently loaded Red Hat 9 in my system, but i am unable to log
into the system. on suplying the user/password at the login screen it
goes blank and then the login screen reappeares. i tried to log in in
the text mode but it was no use. i even changed the root password
before the boot process but still no respite can anyone help me here.