Failed login

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Thu Jun 30 15:43:31 UTC 2005

First you have to determine what the problem is.  The first place to
check is /var/log/messages and /var/log/secure.  Is there any indication
why the logins failed?

You can also try to login remotely when the system is up and running.
Does it allow remote logins (telnet or ssh?)?

Once you have the problem identified, then we can look for a permanent
solution.

   Alfred Hovdestad
   University of Saskatchewan