Re: CRONTAB Question

On Jun 30, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Kelley Coleman med va gov wrote:

I have several entries in a crontab.  All create an e-mail to the user
account and I want that on all but one. The one job runs every 10 minutes with output to a log. I'm getting lots of e-mails over the course of a day.
What syntax is needed to prevent the e-mail on that one entry?

0	*	*	*	*	/path/to/some/command 1>/dev/null

The redirection of stdout (1) to /dev/null is the important part. You'll still get any errors reported to stderr (2) emailed to the user in case of problems. Of course, that assumes that the job writes to the log internally, not by piping stdout through logger or some other similar mechanism.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting