Single HDD into soft-RAID?

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Fri Mar 4 20:25:28 UTC 2005

No,

  You will need to create the number of soft partitions first via fdisk
and give it the type of linux raid. Then modify/create /etc/raidtab and
add your members and your raid type, then make the raid device then
start the raid services.

If you haven't done the raid services before I would strongly suggest
you read the howto on it.