No script output to stdout,stderr

'cs@zip.com.au' cs at zip.com.au
Mon Mar 7 23:19:09 UTC 2005

On 12:09 07 Mar 2005, Brendan Gibson <Brendan.Gibson at bds.tv> wrote:
| > On 18:51 21 Feb 2005, Brendan Gibson <Brendan.Gibson at bds.tv> wrote:
| > [...]
| > | $ perl checkout.pl
| > | I am a perl script
| > |
| > | However running them as
| > | ./shcheckout.sh
| > | AND
| > | ./checkout.pl
| > | produce no output, but redirecting the output to a file works OK.
| > | Does anyone know what's going on, and how to fix it?
| >
| > No, I don't know what's going on. It is not normal at all.
| > Do other commands produce output in that shell?
|
| Yes they do.  Only when a shell script is called with #! in the top of an
| external file do I get no output.  I have been able to work around it, but
| still puzzles me.

Could you describe your workaround please? It may give clues.

And please post below the (trimmed) quoted text; it makes the context read
like a conversation, which is desirable because it is a conversation.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Why is it so hard for people to simply leave people alone? But, the answer
comes to me: they are idiots and in a perfect world, I would be permitted to
kill them all.  - Julie Rhodes <jk.rhodes at asacomp.com>