Seperating emails on one mail server

Rushan Sobar Rushan at mec.com.jo
Tue Mar 8 23:08:16 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Ehrhart" <yoloits at ycoe.org>
To: <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:31 PM
Subject: Seperating emails on one mail server

>I have multiple domains hosted on one Red Hat Linux Enterprise 3 server
> running Sendmail.  If the email is addressed to any valid user on the
> server
> using any of the domains I host the user gets the email.  What I want to
> do
> is be able to have users with the same name for each domain that goes to
> different users.
> For example users,
> info at test1.com
> info at test2.com
> info at test3.com
> Each email addressed to a different domain should go to a different user
> named info.  That way each domain can have a user named info which would
> go
> to it's own inbox.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks

 edit
/etc/mail/virtusertable
Hint ::

Address mappings are similar to aliases, but are more suited to a system
that handles multiple email domains. They can be used to redirect mail for
an entire domain to one address, handle users with the same name in
different domains, or map all mail from one domain to another.

 info at test1.com  info1
 info at test2.com  info2
 info at test3.com  info3

or whole domain to one user
@test1.com  info1
or
@test2.com  info at test2.com

also
whole domain map

@test1.com  test1.com

Regards
Rushan

dangerous content by MEC E-Mail Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.
--
www.mec.com.jo