Looking for a secure ftp sw

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Mon Mar 14 10:42:07 UTC 2005

   Hello,
   At present we are using ProFTPD on our ftp server.
   On this server we have anonymous ftp access as well
   as access to pre defined project users(via projectname/password).
   These people also access via ftp. Our security person likes to have
   sftp instead of ftp access to these project accounts. I have NOT
configured
   this server.
   I would like to know the following:

   Is it possible to use annonymous ftp as well as sftp
   access to the same ftp server? If possible how one has to
   configure FTP server?

   Is there a better FTP SW(more secure) than ProFTPD for server usage?

   We are using RedHat as OS on the FTP server.

   Thanks in advance,
     Kumar

Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |