what is your opinion on White Box linux???

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Mon Mar 14 14:39:10 UTC 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 8:02 AM, mcclnx mcc wrote:

> I heard White Box is "clone" of Redhat AS software.
> My company plan to switch from Redhat AS to White Box
> to save cost.  What is opinion on White Box?

I like WhiteBox but found that the errata maintenance experiences
unsatisfactory delays.  I've migrated to CentOS and found they are much
more responsive to patch releases and community feedback.  Both are
quality products;  the differentiator is in the support.

> Does it stable enough? how about upgrade and third
> party driver support (e.g. Qlogic card, EMC powerpath,
> ..) ?

Third party drivers that work on RHEL should build and run fine on the
RHEL clones.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting