linux version

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Sat Mar 19 20:22:07 UTC 2005

At 06:57 AM 3/19/2005, bala chandar wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:37:14 +0500, Muhammad Rizwan <rizwan at nixpanel.com>
>wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > How i can check which linux version i am using, like i am using redhat
> > 9, how i can check this through command or somewhere else?
>
>use uname -a

hmmmm.......What does that command say on your server?  The Linux version
like he wants (RedHat 9)? Or the kernel version?  I have several 7.3, 9,
RHEL ES 3 and RHEL ES 4 boxes and "uname -a" doesn't give the RedHat
version...only the kernel version.  Not trying to flame you or be an
a*s.  Either you misread his question, or I misread it.....which is highly
possible. :)

Have a good day
Steve