Two Internet gateway... what to do

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Mon Mar 21 03:15:22 UTC 2005

Hello RedHat,

      We have one lease line 128 kbps... for everything...
      Because it not enough anymore to support daily activity... we
      want to add another line... adsl line... 512 kbps...

      So, what is the best way to configure it?

      I already have linux box with RHL 8, that configured as
      firewall, nat, squid proxy... one smtp server, and one mail
      server.

      My ideas is to setup another RHL 8 (maybe FC3) as proxy
      server... and connect it to new adsl line...
      While smtp, and nat still in the old box and connect to lease line.

      the default gateway still on the old box, while the new one only
      as proxy server.

      Is that possible?
      Any better ideas?

--
Best regards,
 Budi Febrianto (mailto:bfebrian at gmx.net)

If it's not installed, it can't be hacked.