acls on files

Jay Berryman jay.berryman at sitel.com
Mon Mar 21 21:35:03 UTC 2005

There are built in acls in RHEL.  The filesystem must first be mounted with
the acl option.  This can be set in your /etc/fstab.  You can add acls with
the setfacl command and then view them with the getfacl command.  I hope
that helps.

Jay Berryman, RHCT, RHCE
Systems Engineer
Phone:  (402)-963-6347
Cell:      (402)-598-1737
E-Mail:  Jay.Berryman at sitel.com

addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, or the
authorized agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
received this communication in error, please notify SITEL immediately by
telephone at 402.963.6001 and delete the message and any attachments from
your system. Thank you for your cooperation.