Syncing Linux FS to Windows

Moby moby at mobsternet.com
Fri Mar 25 16:41:56 UTC 2005

Tobias Speckbacher wrote:

>sure if you want to smbmount across the internet you could choose to do that ... whatever floats your boat
>
>"What I want to be able to do is sync My Documents from the Windows box
>at work onto the Linux box at home on an hourly bi-daily basis."

smbmount to access the file system, then unison to do the
synchronization.  Works like a charm.

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.  --  Pastor Martin Niemöller