Permissions problem

Burke, Thomas G. tg.burke at ngc.com
Thu Mar 31 13:07:15 UTC 2005

All,

	I think I've screwed up...  I accidently did a chmod -R 777  * from the "/" directory (thought I was somewhere else) as root.  At the time, I thought nothing of it, as I figured that if everything had 777 permissions, while it needed fixed, it wouldn't hose things up.  I appear to be wrong.  Mail has stopped working.  I can't log in...  Looking through the logs leeds me to believe that maybe the permissions are screwing things up, but I'm not sure.

	Any clues?

	Thanks,
		Tom