Detting sendmail to drop email with specific subject line words.

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Mar 6 21:25:19 UTC 2005

We have many bounced emails passing through our system (65,000+ in 2
days). What we are finding is that spammers do an attack on us like
suzy at vuw, suzzy at vuw, sue at vuw etc etc. These get tagged as spam with
*****spam***** and as the user does not exist get bounced out to the
false return addresses.  What I want is a simple filter in Sendmail to
drop any outgoing email with *****spam***** in the subject line.

I have this snippet of code,

F{FullSubjects} -o /etc/mail/subjects_full
F{PartSubjects} -o /etc/mail/subjects_part
HSubject:[TAB]$>CheckSubject

SCheckSubject
R$={FullSubjects}$*[TAB]$: REJECTSUBJECT
R$* $={PartSubjects} $*[TAB]$: REJECTSUBJECT
R$* REJECTSUBJECT $*[TAB]$#error $: "553 Access Denied - MSG may contain
SPAM/WORM/VIRUS/HOAX."

Which rejects based on key words in /etc/mail/subjects_part

Ie *****spam*****

Anyone out there who can edit this for me to simply drop or point at
/dev/null please?  I do not want to bounce the email back, just
blackhole it.

Regards

thing