classic aacraid 'SCSI Hang' and Dell Perc 3/Di

Brian Whitehead Brian.Whitehead at LABONE.com
Wed Mar 9 14:47:21 UTC 2005

Has anyone actually found a real cause and solution to this problem?

There have been numerous firmware updates that claim they fix the problem.

There have been numerous postings saying to change this setting or that
setting.

Nothing that I have found over the last 3 years since the aacraid driver was
rewritten and the Perc 3/Di was sold in the Dell servers has fixed the
problem on every server.

I've had several PE2650, PE1750 and now even an older PE1650 that suffer
from this problem.  Has anyone at Dell actually worked with someone at Red
Hat to try and solve this problem?  I've opened tickets with Dell and Red
Hat and they all end up the same.  You're SOL.

I have even offered up to both companies to volunteer the PE1650 for
testing, but neither company responds.  This problem is getting old and
really starting to wear my tolerance for Dell and Red Hat thin.

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM???

--
Brian

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting at labone.com