nfsd/portmapper and iptables on Linux 4

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Fri Mar 11 03:02:40 UTC 2005

ypserv is another RPC based service, so it usually binds to a random
port.  However, it can take the -p option at startup to specify the
port, so you can probably edit /etc/init.d/ypserv find the start)
section and specify the -p option followed by the port you want to use.

Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Thanks,
James Cooley