Sony MSAC-US70 Mouse in Redhat 8

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Mar 13 10:11:41 UTC 2005

El Domingo 13 Marzo 2005 00:10, bj escribió:
> Hi !
>
> I am using Red Hat 8 with kernel 2.4.20-30.8.legacy.
>
> I got a new Sony  Reader/writer Optical Mouse .
>
> How do I detect it in Red Hat 8.0
>
> I did the following :-
>
> modprobe input
> modprobe hid
> modrprobe mousedev
>
> These kernel modules are loaded without error .
>
> But still my usb mouse is not detected .
>
> Attached are my dmesg and message .
>
> Thank you for your help in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> bj

You first need to configure your kernel for the USB mouse support. Turn on the
'USB Human Interface Device (HID)" in the USB support and 'Mouse Support" in
the Input Core support. Make sure you do NOT turn on the HIDBP mouse support.
The HIDBP (boot protocol) way is intended for embedded systems with resource
constraints and is inferior for normal desktop systems. Do "insmod input;
insmod usbcore; insmod usb-uhci; insmod hid"
Look for bootup messages (dmesg or /proc/bus/usb/devices) for see if the USB
mouse got recognised
Finally, add these lines in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"

Best regards.
Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez #Linux Registered User 295750
Socio de Hispalinux 1813