Java app install errors

Miller, Joe joe.miller at us.mizuho-sc.com
Mon Mar 14 18:03:31 UTC 2005

Are you running the install on the console where X windows is running?
That will eliminate the possibility of the DISPLAY export stuff being
the issue (ie. try starting a new window by typing 'xterm'. If a new
window pops up, then your environment should be set properly)

Also, take a look at the script that runs. Make sure:

1) If the JVM is not included with the install, ensure that the JVM
installed on the system is appropriate for the install. (ie. java
-version)
2) See what's being appended to the classpath for the JVM. Ensure that
all JAR's, directories, etc. that are referenced are accurate and in the
correct location (ie. some installs assume your local path is where
you're installing).
3) You might want to try turning off JIT. To the java list of arguments,
append -nojit (ie. java -nojit ...)

Hope this helps.