serioup problem after running fsck

Qi, Xlaoyan qix at uncw.edu
Mon Mar 14 20:06:59 UTC 2005

Hi All,

When I restarted My linux (Precision 670 work station) with Linux
enterprise version 3 preinstalled this morning, following error shows:

" Checking root filesystem

  / contains a file system with errors, check forced.

  Eoor reading block 35063145 (Attempt to read block from filesystem
resulted in short read) while reading indirect blocks of inode 17531077

  /: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck manually.

"

So I did as shown suggested, run "fsck -y"

Now I have trouble to get into KDE, only gnome safe can work. Also
"chkconfig -list" and a lot of other commands can not work either.

What should I do?

Thanks for suggestion.

Cynthia