shell script to count httpd processes

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:58:56 UTC 2005

I apologize for the resend.  To be technically correct and anal, the script
should read like the following, without the awk command. As mentioned above,
I've redefined IFS to delimit words in variables with newline only.

#!/bin/bash
COUNT=0
IFS=$'\n'

LIST=`ps -aef | grep httpd | grep -v grep`

for LINE in $LIST

do
         COUNT=$((COUNT+1))
done