Disable IGMPV3 option(Enterprise Linux)

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Tue Mar 15 12:16:37 UTC 2005

The option to force IGMP to version 2 was added in Update 4.  You should
be able to upgade to update 4 by doing an up2date and letting the system
upgrade your packages.  Once you are booted to the kernel that is
installed as part of update 4, you can use the following command to force
IGMPv2:

/sbin/sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth0.force_igmp_version=2

Note that the kernel is usually not installed with up2date, so you'll need
to do up2date --force --update kernel
or
up2date --force --update kernel-smp

Thanks,