How to manually start gnome?

Seth G tsgeorgion at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 23:16:22 UTC 2005

I just installed Enterprise Linux WS and get the typical error "Init "x"
respawning too fast" when X windows won't start.

I'm trying to start it manually to get a more explicit error (yes I've
checked /var/log/messages) but I guess startx has been deprecated.

What's the new method for starting gnome manually? Keep in mind that I'm
already at Init(5) and gnome is not launching.