Copy a tar file from remote server

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Thu Mar 17 12:11:40 UTC 2005

The reason it's failing is that you are trying to execute remote
commands from a locally running script. Once you log off the remote
machine the script will continue to execute

#!/bin/sh

Date=`date -I`
ssh -l tomcate www.MyRemoteHost.net 'tar -cvf \
 /opt/tomcat4/MyDir/bk-$Date.tar /opt/tomcat4/webapps/MyApp'

scp tomcat at www.MyRemoteHost.net:MyDir/bk-$Date.tar  .

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT