RHEL ES4 vs. WS4

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Fri Mar 18 18:16:49 UTC 2005

Message: 6 Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:36:12 -0600 From: Ed Wilts
<ewilts at ewilts.org> Subject: Re: RHEL ES4 vs. WS4 To: General Red Hat
Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
<20050317223612.GB30112 at www.ewilts.org> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=us-ascii On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 09:42:14PM +0100, Bjorn
Andersen wrote:

>> Is there any differences between these 2 versions?
>>
>> I mean, kernel optimization, performance etc.

Nope.  The only differences is in the set of packages that are included.

>> The only server tasks it is running is a simple NIS/NFS-file server.

WS should work just fine for you.  I don't do NIS but the nfs server is
certainly there and supported by Red Hat.

nis server is not provided, as it is a client rather than server distribution.
However simply installing a RH 9 version of nis server will work and seems to be fine.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.