Sendmail and IMAP Setup Issue

darshan jadav root.devil at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:50:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:04:49 -0800 (PST), Simran H. <redhat at chamkila.org> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I got a little futher and it seems like this was a MX record issue.  I
> fixed my MX record and it looks like now at least I can see the message
> being delievered to my server:
>
> Mar 21 02:55:37 localhost sm-mta[14645]: j2L7tbkR014645:
> from=<simran at chamkila.org>, size=562, class=0, nrcpts=1,
> msgid=<423E7DEF.2090709 at chamkila.org>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA,
> relay=node-40240ed2.sjc.onnet.us.uu.net [64.36.14.210]
> Mar 21 02:55:37 localhost sm-mta[14646]: j2L7tbkR014645:
> to=<simran at donalli.net>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local,
> pri=30779, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
>
> However, I am unable to see this message in my Inbox for the user simran.
> Any ideas as to why these messages are not showing up in my inbox or
> anywhere else??
>
> Thanks,
> -Simran
>

> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > I am tring to setup sendmail and washington's imap server on my linux
> > server.  I am able to send mail to my external accounts from my server
> > without any issues.  But, I am unable to receive mail and get the
> > following error:
> >
> >   (reason: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a domain.net
> > account (simran at donalli.net) [0] - mta104.biz.mail.re2.yahoo.com)
> >

> > simran at daku simran $ id
> > uid=1002(simran) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)
> >
> > I do have the account simran setup on this machine which should be all
> > that is needed.
> >
> > --
> >
> > daku mail # netstat -a | grep -i smtp
> > tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
> >
> > daku mail # netstat -a | grep -i imap
> > tcp        0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN
> >

> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Simran
> >
> > --

Check the sendmail queue, the logs says the are ready for delivery,
but do they leave yr system ?. further do u have user on the domain
where u r delivering the mail, and u r checking mails by which mail
client ??, simply switch to /var/spool/mail and cat yr user file name
to see if the mail is delivered or not readable by mail client