GLIBC-2.3.4 on FC2?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Mar 22 17:45:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:58:34AM -0500, Harding, Devon wrote:
> I'm trying to install a few rpms that require glibc-2.3.4.  The latest
> update on FC2 is 2.3.3.  Can you use the updates for FC3
> (glibc-2.3.4-2.fc3.i386.rpm) on FC2 or would I have to upgrade my RH
> version?

NEVER install a glibc on any platform for which it was not intended.
The normal approach to installing packages that require a newer platform
is to take the source rpm and rebuild it.  Most of the time (if the
differences aren't too great), this will give you a good installable
package.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA